By Endurance Onun:
The Election Petition Tribunal (EPT) in Cross River State has set a date to deliver judgement on ten (10) election petitions before it; prominent amongst which are cases between Ndoma-Egba vs Sandy Onor, John Gaul vs Alex Egbona, Michael Etaba vs Egbe Abeng and of course the current speaker of the State House of Assembly, Eteng Jones vs Ujong Bob.
CrossRiverDaily has confirmed that the date for judgement on the said ten (10) cases is Wednesday, 4th September, 2019.
The cases are:
- EPT/CAL/S/01/2019 between Sen. Victor Ndoma-Egba CON, SAN of the All Progressive Congress versus Senator Sandy Onor of the People’s Democratic Party and two others.
- EPT/CAL/HR/03/2019 between Egbe Abeng Egbe of APC versus Hon. Michael Etaba Irom of the PDP and two others.
- EPT/CAL/HR/04/2019 between Victor Abang of APC versus Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and two others.
- EPT/CAL/HR/11/2019 between Hon. John Gaul Lebo of the PDP versus APC, Hon. Alex Egbonna and one other.
- EPT/CAL/SHA/13/2019 between Rt. Hon. Eteng Jones and three others as respondents versus Hon. Ujong Bob Ujong of the APC.
- EPT/CAL/HR/12/2019 between Innocent Chima Ovat Versus Hon. Michael Etaba and two others.
- EPT/CAL/SHA/17/2019 between Barr. Sabastine Ubua Anyia and other versus Hon. Dr. Virginia Itam Abang and two others.
- EPT/CAL/SHA/19/2019 Charles Ikpi Eni and another versus Ofem E. Nelson and two others.
- EPT/CAL/SHA/24/2019 between Hon. Bassey Efiom Asuquo and another versus Hon. Elizabeth Edem Ironbar and two others.
- EPT/CAL/SHA/28/2019 between Apostle Godwin Ukpanukpong and another versus Mr. Godwin Akwaji and two others.
The three judges on the panel are Justice Vincent Agbata as chairman, Ishaku Kunda, and Abubakar Bello as members.