Endurance Onun | Moonlight News:
Government of Cross River State has released a sensitization itinerary as well as names and phone contacts of local government coordinators for the Central Bank of Nigeria Agricultural Development Scheme which seeks to empower over ten thousand (10,000) Cross Riverians with a non-interest agricultural loan.
According to a public memo signed by the State Coordinator of the scheme, Prince Michael Abuo and made available to Moonlight News, the State Governor’s approval for the execution of the scheme across the 18 L.G.As marries Gov. Ayade’s “spirit of enterprise”, while informing that each L.G.A is required to donate 1500 hectares of land for use by the beneficiaries — at the ratio of 1-3 hectares per beneficiary.
The said memo stated that 525 youths within the ages of 18-35 years would be drawn from each of the L.G.As to access this loan which CBN, through her PFI will provide the products and services for cultivation.
In addition, Prince Michael notedly stated that registration forms for the scheme are free, however, each intending beneficiary will pay the sum of N3,000 to register (in clusters) as a corporative. Michael also said that the money would also take care of the monitoring teams’ logistics.
Consequently, the memo said the State Governor, Sen. Benedict Ayade has approved the constitution of the L.G.A coordinating teams as follows:
- Prince Michael Nku Abuo, JP, 08032966182 (State Coordinator/Facilitator).
- Ms Regina Edere Sani (08023836161) – Ikom.
- Ms Martina Oguma (07030463035) – Etung.
- Hon Nkoyo Etim (07068613557) – Cal. Municipality.
- Mr Justin Ukpanukpong Ala (09013580966) – Obudu.
- Ms Marie Ekpenyong Essessien (07062535515) – Cal. South.
- Mr William Ilem (08037370055) – Biase.
- Ms Blessing (08021194909) – Akpabuyo
- Mr Joepaul Akat-Osowo Obi (08037550140) – Boki
10.Comr Elvis Eyam (08131249969) – Akamkpa.
- Pst Ikpete Ndima Etta (08136951892) – Abi
- Rev Bang Ojong (08035886606) – Obubra
- Comr Jack Daniel (08037165529) – Odukpani.
- Mr Emmanuel Lawson (07035618821) – Obanliku.
- Hubert Obi (07063470240) – Ogoja
- Mr Groovydee Odama (08062550099) – Bekwarra
- Mr Mitre Iferi Eyong (08038240549) – Yakurr
- Mr Effiong Okon Bassey (08076543563 08035664306) – Bakassi.
- Mr Sunny Eje (07031253856) – Yala
- Alj Nasiru (08037091014) – Gombe Indigenes.
Furthermore, ahead of the launch of the scheme in the state on the 24th of August, 2020 the coordinating teams at the varioud L.G.As and the state coordinator would be engaging on a sensitization and awareness visit across the 18 L.G.As with all the stakeholders from the 4th of August, 2020 to 14th August, 2020 in order to intimate them about the initiative, therefore, the sensitization itinerary is as follows:
Date: 4th of August, 2020
- Bakassi LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 9:30am to 11:30am
- Apkabuyo LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Date: 5th of August, 2020
- Calabar South (Local Government Secretariat) 9:30am to 11:30am
- Calabar Municipality (Local Government Secretariat) 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Date: 6th August, 2020
- Odukpani LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 9:30am to 11:30am
- Akampka LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Date: 7th August, 2020
- Baise LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 10:30am to 12:00pm
- Yakuur LGA (Local Government Headquarters) 1:30pm to 2:30pm
Date: 10th August, 2020
- Abi LGA (Local Government Headquarters) 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Obubra LGA (Local Government HQ) 2:00pm to 4:00pm
11th August, 2020
- Ikom LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Etung LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Date: 12th August, 2020
- Boki LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 9:00am to 11:00am
- Yala LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Date: 13th August, 2020
- Ogoja LGA (Local Government Secretariat) a 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Bekwarra LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Date: 14th August, 2020
- Obudu LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Obanliku LGA (Local Government Secretariat) 1:30pm to 3:30pm.