By CrossRiverDaily Team:
In line with CrossRiverDaily‘s quest to bring to public appreciation, three (3) young Cross Riverians who contributed immensely and outstandingly in Gov. Ayade’s first tenure as a way of rewarding hardwork among the ‘youth-class’ as firmly established in PART I of this special report, “The Most Performed” appointee from Southern Senatorial District was named in the penultimate edition, the PART II.
Following the capping of Mr. Asuquo Ekpenyong [ere Commissioner for Finance] as “The Most Performed” young appointee from the South, this PART III seeks to name “The Most Performed” appointee from the Central District, his/her citation, achievements, and the measure by which (s)he merited the award.
AWARDEE: Dr. Betta Edu
POST: D.G CRS Primary Health Care Development Agency (CRSPHCDA).
Dr. Betta Edu, an indigene of Abi LGA is a Harvard certified medical Doctor with a strong educational background and a Master in Public Health from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in the United Kingdom. She studied Medicine & Surgery from the prestigious University of Calabar, Dr. Betta demonstrated leadership and unwavering commitment to advancing and revitalizing health care across her state and beyond. Her commitment to providing health care to the less privileged and underserved is unprecedented. She has received over 400 Awards for Excellence in service including the ‘Pan African Humanitarian Award 2018’ and also leading the State to be awarded the best improved health state in the South-South-South by Federal Government of Nigeria, World bank and Thisday Editorials by virtue of her dogged primary health policies. She has been adjudged to have saved over one million lives by her numerous innovative interventions in the primary health system in the state and country working under the mentorship of her father the Governor of Cross River State, Sen. Ben Ayade and his dear wife, Dr Linda Ayade.
- Renovation/Commissioning of PHC Idiba, Calabar South
- Completion of PHC Kakum, Obudu LGA
- CRS emerging number One in open defecation free state.
- Ongoing employment of 1000 health workers to be published soon.
- Commissioning of newly renovated PHC Big Quo.
- Free eye surgeries as CRSPHCDA partners FCMB, TULSI foundation were 38,458 surgeries were completed
- Building/Commissioning of PHC Bebuabie in Obudu LGA.
- Building/Commissioning of PHC Bebuagbong in Obudu LGA.
- Provision/Commissioning of Portable drinking water for PHC Etim Asam in Akpabuyo in partnership with Akwa-Cross USA.
- Building/Commissioning of PHC Bebuasuan in Obudu LGA.
- Building/Commissioning of PHC Ipong in Obudu LGA.
- Delivery of Tricycle Ambulance for PHCs across the State.
- Delivery of over 25 Motorcycles for Disease Surveillance Control in Border communities.
- Rehabilitation of State Cold Store Moore Road.
- Introduction of delivery kit for every pregnant woman that gives birth in 30 selected PHC facilities.
- Primary Healthcare Workers transfer from LGA to the Agency with mproved welfare and rural allowances.
- CRSPHCDA successfully began payment of Health workers in the State from March 2017.
- Construction of New Health Centre in YACHE, Yala LGA.
- New Primary Healthcare Centre at Mayne Avenue Calabar as replacement to dilapidated Ekpo Abasi health centre.
- Renovated Health Centre, Wanihem, Wanikande in Yala LGA.
- Passage of Ayade Care aka. State Health Insurance Scheme into law. Carried out sensitization for Ayade Care in 78 communities.
- Staff verification exercise where over 400 ghost workers found and 130 fake certificates discovered.
- Creation of TBA working committee to regulate the roles of TBAs in CRS communities.
- Employment of 18 Doctors at the LGA to provide quality health care services to Cross Riverians in all LGAs of the state with good salaries.
- Provision of potent Vaccine Immunization for over 800,000 children on a monthly basis.
- Building of 3 comprehensive primary health centers at IDP camp Bakassi and, Etung border in Collaboration with national Border Agency.
- Renovation and equipping of comprehensive Health Centre, Etayip Ikom. Commissioned by wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari.
- Renovation and equipping of Primary Health Centre Bedia in Obudu LGA.
- Renovation and equipping of Primary health Centre Adijinkpor in Ikom LGA.
- Renovation and equipping of Primary Health Centre Aningeje, Akamkpa LGA.
- Provision of 10 Direct Solar Refrigerators supported by European Union Support to Immunization Governance in Nigeria (E.U SIGN).
- Provision of 10 solar panels for 10 PHC facilities in CRS supported by E.U SIGN.
As it always has been with media (public) awards, public opinion remains the only parameter for judgement and the same apply in this case at hand.
A few of His Excellency’s appointees from the Central District were randomly picked and sampled to several persons and groups of persons for comparison.
The result at the end of the day saw Dr. Betta Edu to be the favourite amongst all in terms of performance and best hand for future engagement especially in the field of health and hygiene.
Congratulations, Dr. Betta Edu!