Monitoring and evaluation report of the Universal Basic Education, UBE intervention projects, dated 19th January 2018, presented to the Cross River State House of Assembly and made available to Cross River Daily yesterday, shows fourteen (14) projects sited in Yakurr-1 State Constituency already completed at the cost of N238 million.
Prepared by Mr. Nkanu Egbula, a Director (PRS) to the board, the report noted that the evaluation exercise was carried out between 13th through 21st December last year.
Details of the projects are as follows…
1. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 6 class rooms building; St. Pears Primary School; awarded to Maria Material Nig. Ltd. for N9.7 million.
2. Construction of 1 block – 6 class rooms/office/toilet; Unity Primary School, Ofelatan; awarded to Senodan Nig. Ltd., Effiom Usang Close, Calabar for N20.6 million.
3. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 7 class rooms/office; St. Pear’s Primary School; awarded to Castle and Cubicies Nig. Ltd. Plot 13A, Block 11 FHE, Calabar for N14.6 million.
4. Construction of 1 block – 6 ICT/Sickbay rooms; Holy Cross Primary School; awarded to Opal Networks Ltd. 12B Alexander Crescent, Wuse 11, Abuja for N23.8 million.
5. Construction of 1 block – 6 story class rooms; Holy Cross Primary School; awarded to Inah Nkpono Nig. Ltd. 6 Edet Close, Calabar for N59.3 million.
6. Construction of 1 block – 6 compartment laboratories; Holy Cross Primary School; awarded to Laja Enterprise Ltd. 596 Ndidem Usang Iso Road, Calabar for N4.8 million.
7. Construction of 1 block – 4 class rooms; PCN Primary School Afrekpe; awarded to Musbon Oil Ltd. Block 12, Plot 9 FHE, Calabar for N10.2 million.
8. Rehabilitation/Modification/Extension of 1 block – 5 classrooms/office/store; African Primary School; awarded to Doveline Investment Nig. Ltd. for N19.4 million.
9. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 5 class rooms/office; PCN Primary School; awarded to Womon Global Services Ltd. for N18.6 million.
10. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 3 class rooms/office; St. Joseph’s Primary School; awarded to Gornep Ventures for N10.4 million.
11. Construction of 1 block – 6 class rooms/office/toilet; Govt. Primary School, Okom; awarded to Neo-Rasa Nig. Ltd. for N19.9 million.
12. Rehabilitation of class rooms/halls; PCN Primary School; awarded to SPX International Ltd. for N6.4 million.
13. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 3 class rooms/office; St. Joseph’s Primary School; awarded to Rite Reazon Ltd. for N8.2 million.
14. Rehabilitation of 1 block – 3 class rooms/laboratories; Community Secondary School; awarded to Eyem Global Concept for N12.2 million.
In a chat with Hon. Nelson Ofem, member representing Yakurr-1 at the State House of Assembly, the Honourable Member told Cross River Daily News that the projects are “best in terms of quality delivery”.
Additionally, Cross River Daily understands there are six other projects being evaluated for consideration in that sector. They are: A 4 classroom block for junior secondary school, Idomi; 4 classroom block plus one office at junior secondary school, Idomi; Government Primary School, Mkpani Road, Ijom-Ugep; 5 classroom blocks at Junior Secondary School, Eko Inika, Ekori; St. Francis Primary School, Afrekpe, Ekori and Community Primary School, Ajere Beach, Ekori.
Cross River Daily can authoritatively report that the necessary assessments are being carried out by SUBEB for intervention as a response to the request made by the Honourable Member.
Below is one of the visited rehabilitated schools in Idomi.