We have followed with keen interest the political permutations of our Great Party regarding the zoning of elective offices in our local government and observe with regret the manner in which the last primaries into elective offices were prearranged to favour all the candidates from former constituency 1 inspite of the fact that our sons and daughters aspired/contested all the available elective offices.
In addition the General Assembly observed that all current political appointees at the Federal level are from the same constituency 1 of Odukpani Local Government Area.
Before the last Primaries, the state Chapter recognised the leadership
Offiong Honesty led exco in Odukpani Local Government chapter.
But as the political terrian became more slippery, the then chairman Mr. Offiong Honesty resigned thereby leaving the leadership of Odukpani exco on Mr Nya Inyang which happens to be an Ebrutu son which some of the candidates have refused to recognise and work with.
In view of the aforementioned, the Ebrutu General Assembly of the APC, arising from an extraordinary meeting on Friday, 11th of January 2019 resolved as follows:
- To deliver en-bloc votes to President muhammadu Buhari and his vice Professor Yemi Osibanjo in the forthcoming general elections.
- To ensure the victory of APC at the polls.
- That consequent upon the 2 above, our sons and daughters should be appointed into offices as Ministers, Ambassadors, Secretary to the state government and other key positions.
- That the acting chairman of Odukpani Local Government area in the person of Mr. Nya Inyang should be made the substantive Chairman.
- That we hereby reaffirm the earlier agreed nomenclature of zones I and II in Odukpani APC as against the bloc arrangement
(1) ELD.(DR) DAVID OKON — EBURUTU LEADER
(2)MRS MAYEN IYA- NYA –ENIONG WARD.
(3)ASSOCIATE PROF.BASSEYA EKPENYONG – ENIONG WARD.
(4)APOSTLE(DR) IYA EFFIONG OROK -ENIONG WARD
(5)BAR.EFFIONG EDIM UDOBONG –ITO/IDERE/UKWA WARD
(6)COM.EKANEM EKANEM EFFIONG-ITO/IDERE/UKWA WARD.
(7)CHIEF EYIBIO ASUQUO ASUQUO-ITO/IDERE/UKWA WARD.
(8)PASTOR,ETIM A.UKOREBI– EKI WARD.
(9)EVANGELIST, ASUQUO ASUQUO AYAT- EKI WARD.
(10)MR.OKON OKON BASSEY -EKI WARD