By Endurance Onun:
The People’s Democratic Party in Cross River State has released an official time table to guide its activities as they prepare for 22nd February, 2020, the proposed date for the conduct of local government elections in the state.
Going by the said time table, members of the party may have to enjoy but a political Christmas and New Year as congresses for Ad-hoc delegates and primaries would span from 21st December through 31st December, 2019.
The time table is as follows:
- Monday, 2nd December, 2019 = Press Conference/publication of notice of election.
- Tuesday, 3rd December, 2019 = Meeting with LG chapter chairmen.
- Thursday, 5th December, 2019 = Meeting with LG Caucus/Stakeholders.
- Monday, 9th – Wednesday 11th December, 2019 = Sales of intent/nomination forms.
- Sunday, 15th December, 2019 = Screening of aspirants for chairmanship/councillorship.
- Monday, 16th December, 2019 = Appeals
- Thursday, 19th December, 2019 = Publication of screened aspirants.
- Saturday, 21st – Sunday 22nd December, 2019 = Congress for Ad-hoc delegates and councillorship primaries.
- Monday, 30th – Tuesday 31th December, 2019 = Councillorship primaries appeals.
- Thursday, 2nd January, 2020 = Chairmanship primaries.
- Friday, 3rd January, 2020 = Chairmanship primaries appeals.
- Sunday, 5th January, 2020 = Re-Run primaries if any.
- Wednesday, 8th January, 2020 = Submission of candidates to CROSIEC.
- Wednesday, 15th January – 14th February, 2020 = Constitution of campaign councils and campaigns.
The party, in the release advised all her aspirants to adhere strictly to the time table.